My life is centered to the baby right now. I feel like I’ve neglected the rest of my family’s needs. Since I’m limited with time and still want to do projects with my eldest daughter, I came up with this project, well sort of, she really did come up with this. She wanted to do something with me, so I agreed. This DIY bath bombs are so easy to make and with my little helper who is nine years old, who’s exploring beauty products, this was the perfect project.
As you know bath bombs are so expensive to buy, but inexpensive to make. We made these amazing bombs over the holidays to give out as presents. My daughter is at that age where everyone is her friend or I should say best friend. How many best friends can you have? Anyway, gift giving could have been really expensive over the holidays with just her friends. We combated the expense by making DIY bath bombs. Haha, I like that, combated with bath bombs. We used peppermint oil as our essential oil and oh my gosh it definitely evoked the spirit of the holidays. The process could easily be repeated for any occasion. I’m thinking strawberry extract for Valentine’s. So get excited and make your own bath bombs today. Enjoy!
DIY Bath Bomb Recipe
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup Epsom salt
2 tsp essential oil (example peppermint oil )
3 tsp olive oil or vegetable oil
bath bomb mold
- In a large container mix all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate container mix the wet ingredients. You can add your food coloring with this. As a reminder if you are using red food coloring (or any other food coloring really), don’t add too much as you will be scrubbing the stain in your bath tub for a long time.
- Slowly mix in the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and whisk it vigorously. You don’t want to mix a lot of the wet ingredients at a time, because it will make it fizz in the bowl instead of your bath tub.
- Once mixed, pack the mixture into the bath bomb mold.
- Work quickly because the mixture will dry up.
- Others leave the mixture in the mold itself to dry, but we just opened it and place the bath bombs on a plate to dry over night.
Good luck and have fun!